©2009-2016 Becky Higgins

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Advent Calendar - Day 16

I know today is suppose to be about what went on at school during the Christmas season but I don't have many school memories. Oh, there was the annual choir concert in which I participated but other than that - nothing.

However, my life (as a child and teenager) centered around our church and my friends there. Our BYF (Baptist Youth Fellowship) always worked very hard on presenting the best Christmas pageant we possibly could. For a few years our group was very sparse on female members so I usually got the part of Mary. One particular year when I was about twelve, I recall, I was Mary and my future husband, about 14, was Joseph. At the time, I really didn't want much to do with him but now it is a sweet recollection.

Somewhere, in my mother's papers there is a picture of that pageant, but right now I don't have time to go digging:(

No comments:

Post a Comment