©2009-2016 Becky Higgins

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Advent Calendar - Christmas Cards

I really don't remember my mother sending out lots of Christmas cards. I'm sure she sent to the relatives back home in Indiana once we moved to Chicago but I don't think she sent to friends far and wide. However, my husband's mother had a huge Christmas card list and faithfully sent to, I'm thinking, almost everyone she knew. Preparing the cards and getting them in the mail was an annual process that took many hours to complete. For her it was a labor of love and a way to stay in touch.

Looking back, I guess I fall somewhere between my Mom and his Mom. I had a fairly large list of friends and family who heard from us each year through the Christmas mail. However, unlike my mother-in-law, I wasn't sending to old friends from grammar school or even high school. Perhaps I should have; at least, I might know where they are today if I had.

Now, I lean on email, Twitter, and Facebook to send most of my holiday greetings. My physical card list has dwindled to a very manageable number which is both efficient and economical.

I must admit, though, I do love receiving the greetings I find in my mailbox - both online and off.;)

Merry Christmas Everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment