- Write the story of our Ruch/Siegler family in America as fully as I can. This narrative will have limited footnoting because I’m writing this for the non-genealogists of the family. Some of them might be intimidated by lots of documentation and may not read the account because of it.
- Prepare family group sheets of each unit (including siblings) and be sure to provide as much documentation as possible there.
- Prepare descendants chart for the immigrant couple; include as many generations as possible (Somehow this will need to be put into book format).
- Prepare a Register Report for the immigrant couple with same generations as above; include all documentation as foot or endnotes.
- Prepare scrapbook pages of pictures and documents.
- Decide on publication:
a. Passage Express
c. Hardcopy book
d. All of the above.
Saturday, January 2, 2010
The True Work Begins
It’s time to really get started on my project; no more fooling around!! I’m setting out my plan as I see it today. Of course, over time some of this will change and I expect to be flexible where necessary. So, here it goes.
That’s the way I see it now. And so the true work begins. There are documents and notes and such that must be reviewed; lots of scanning to be done; a trip to Erie, Pennsylvania for research purposes; and some actual writing as well. I’d better get to it.