©2009-2016 Becky Higgins

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Tombstone Tuesday

These pictures were taken at Rosehill Cemetery in Chicago. They are of some of the Ruch/Siegler family I'll be writing about.

This is the tombstone for Frederick Siegler; the birth and death dates are written on the side of the stone. You'll note that it is Jennie's (his wife) name that is prominent; however, she is not buried there as she remarried and is probably buried with her second husband. Fred's name is, however, listed on the cemetery plat record.



Salome and Charles are buried next to each other in the plot.
This is the view of the whole plot plus.
I need to return to the cemetery and do a little more reading in the area. I think I might have missed some collateral family members when I went the first time; early in my research.

No comments:

Post a Comment