©2009-2016 Becky Higgins

Sunday, September 11, 2011

ISGS Luncheon at FGS2011

In my previous blog post, I promised a few pictures from the ISGS Luncheon.







As mentioned our speaker was Dr. Mike Lockett and here he is in his Union Soldier regalia informing and amusing us with his wonderful, unique stories.
















Most important to me - not just because I had the privilege of making the introductions - was the honoring of this year's ISGS award recipients.







Marla Vizdal accepted the Volkel Hall of Fame for Libby Grimm,
Mary Matson Hawk & Donald Schmidt received the Writer's Award
Harold Workman received the Special Recognition Award
Robert Buecher  received the Community Service Award
Nelda Ravens received the Community Service Award


Gary Hargis accepting for Sandra Hargreaves Luebking
the Volkel Hall of Fame Award from
ISGS President Jance Fritsch

For those who may not be aware, the Volkel Hall of Fame is a posthumous award. The names of our two recipients for 2011 will be added to the plaque placed at the entrance to the reading room at the Illinois State Archives.

Congratulations to all the recipients and thank you from ISGS and the genealogy community for all you've giving us in time and effort.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the photos and write-up. It sure looks like you had a wonderful time. I see you changed your format (but I liked the pink...but then, it isn't my blog). Congrats on making the important introductions as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Barbara. As to the change, I just felt the need. I liked the pink too; who knows you might see the color change again. Old old template didn't allow for some of the things I wanted to do.

    ReplyDelete