©2009-2016 Becky Higgins

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Waffling

Oh my, oh my. Here I am again wondering in which direction I should go!

I've been busy with the miscellaneous tasks of my life (housework not included in this scenario). I've been concentrating on my responsibilities to Elgin Genealogical Society and to the Illinois State Genealogical Society. It isn't that these responsibilities are onus, it's just that I never seem to have enough hours in the day. That said, I know I could make more hours; I don't have to spend my mornings walking the dog or visiting my father-in-law or grocery shopping. I don't have to spend my evenings sitting next to my husband watching TV. I don't have to but these extraneous activities add balance to my life and balance is a good thing.

So, basically, that leaves about four hours a day to give to my organizing, research, scanning, blog reading and writing, and preparing for publishing my Leisure-line this year. I truly appreciate that I have four hours a day; many genealogists can't afford even that much time to our obsession. However, what it means is that I must make the best possible use of that time.

This brings me to the title of this post: Waffling. Or perhaps a better title would be: Floundering. Either way, I feel somehow lost in a sea of Leisures and collateral lines. I still haven't made a final decision on where to start. I am getting there though so maybe the inspiration will hit soon, giving me incentive to move forward.

Wish me luck. I've only got 1 1/2 hours left today!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds a bit like me. I waffle between the things I have to do to the things I love to do with the love to dos winning but making those hated unfinished have to dos appear to be a black cloud hanging over my head. Darn! I hate those have to dos!

    ReplyDelete