©2009-2016 Becky Higgins

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Thankful Thursday - 2 Generations of Love

I may not have mentioned this before but I've been - slowly -  working on my memoirs ( for want of a better word) and have been looking for a certain photo I remembered of me and my two wonderful brothers. I knew it was among of the collection of papers from my mother but it has been evading me for months. Well, this morning, while the dog was walking on the treadmill, I took a millionth look in a box of miscellaneous "stuff" and there it was! Not only the one I was searching for but also one of the only "studio" photos of my two beautiful daughters! Wow, what a thrill.

So here's the picture of my two big brothers - I've always and will always call them, "the boys" - when Larry was 6, David (my little brother) was 3, and I was 6 weeks old. Of course, over our growing up years we had some of the usual sibling issues along the way but I couldn't have asked for better brothers. They were often my "cocoons" in troubling times.

Then, I grew up, married and had my own family. My two girls have been the light of my adult life. Of course, we had some of the usual parent/child issues along the way but I could not have asked for more wonderful children. I had more fun growing up with them than I ever had in my own childhood.
Tammy age 2 1/2 and Samantha age 6 weeks
So there they are. Two generations that are so very dear to my heart. I'm so thankful to have had them in my life.

2 comments:

  1. you and your youngest daughter look so much alike. Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful portraits. My photos are absolutely my most treasured "wordly" possessions.

    ReplyDelete