©2009-2016 Becky Higgins

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Sentimental Sunday - Mother's Day

Gladys - age 19
Gladys E Miller Stewart
1917 - 2002
It’s Mother’s Day and I’m wishing I had this one more with my Mom. I know many would say I’m just too close to the subject to be objective and probably they’re right but Mom was a wonderful example to me.
 Oh, she had her faults as we all do, I’m sure. My recollections must be dimmed because I can’t come up with any to put on the list. Guess I’ll just have to be satisfied with remembering her many good points.
She was nothing if not long-suffering. She was loyal, kind, and wise. My siblings and I have often marveled at how open-minded she was. Her provincial upbringing put aside she chose to accept all people for whom they were, not what they were.
Most of all, she loved her family with passion. There was nothing within her power she wouldn’t do for her children and, when there was nothing she could do, her hugs and support sufficed.
I miss you, Mom. Here’s hoping I’ve been half the mother to my children that you were to me.

1 comment:

  1. Becky, what a nice tribute to your mom. You were so lucky, believe me.

    ReplyDelete