©2009-2016 Becky Higgins

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

New Things I Love

I'd like to share a couple of new items I've been using and thoroughly enjoying of late.

Thanks to a tweet and suggestion from FootNoteMaven a little while back, Quote Pad came to my attention. This is free software for taking notes on the computer and from the internet. If you're on a website, you can highlight a paragraph, or what ever, and bring that into Quote Pad, including the URL. Of course, you can also type notes as you go along. The software very subtly stays open  - you can barely see a little red line at the top of the screen, for easy access anytime. Another great feature is you can download a portable version so you can take  it anywhere on a flash drive. How cool is that!

Another new toy I'm loving is Google's Blog This feature. Download this to your browser's toolbar and you can blog information from any webpage you may be reading. It pulls in all the citation data so credit is given where credit is due.

Now I must get back to my genealogy work and stop playing with my new toys.

1 comment:

  1. One of the great things about genealogy is that playing with cool toys and getting work done are not always mutually exclusive :) That notepad seems very handy - I'll be sure to check it out. Thanks! I have a very cool feature on my smartphone that allows you to share almost any thing with just a few taps, like Blog This does - a real timesaver.

    ReplyDelete