©2009-2016 Becky Higgins

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Twins Follow-up

If you read my post about Aunt Jule's twins on February 4th, you know that I've been having trouble locating any records on their births and/or deaths. This is not a new problem but one I've procrastinated on for a few years now. Here's the little bit I think I know:
  1. The twins were born after 1901.
  2. According to the 1910 census, Julia had "0 children and 0 living"; not sure how valid this information is.
  3. By 1920, Julia is no longer living with Charles and the census lists no children.
  4. Charles & Julia were married at German St. Peter's United Evangelical Church (now St. Peter's UCC) in Chicago.
This is what I've tried so far to no avail:
Today, I e-mailed a request to St. Peter's church asking if their archivist could look for a christening and/or burial for the infants. I really wanted to visit the church myself but I just don't feel I should put this off any longer. How I would love to find these babies and put their names and data in my files so that I they can be remembered by their kin.

No comments:

Post a Comment