©2009-2016 Becky Higgins

Monday, February 1, 2010

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Calendar

Randy Seaver's SNGF mission for January 30th 2010: Make a birthday/anniversary calendar using genealogy software. Thanks for this, Randy, I hadn't even looked at this feature in Family Tree Maker. Now that I have, I think it will come in very handy in the future. This mission caused me to look for some additional data as I'll explain later. First, here's my January 2010 calendar:

The blue highlight indicates birthdays and the purple indicates anniversaries.

Another part of the mission was to look at one date, say January 30, a talk about the relationship to me. This is where the addtional research came in. The calendar shows that Marie and Alphonso SHACKLE celebrated their 95th wedding anniversary on that date. Now, my family tends towards good longevity but that is really pushing it. Obviously, I'm missing some vital information; a quick check on Ancestry for Alphonso and I can report that he died in July of 1976. However, I wasn't so fortunate with information on Marie. She is my 2nd cousin twice-removed. She was born Marie LEISURE and our common ancestors are George Washington LEISURE and Lucinda MYERS.

January 30th is also the birthday of Harold E. ROBERTS who turned 84 on that date. He is still living, although we don't know him personally. He is my husband's 2nd cousin; their common ancestors are Mary Louise Stephens and Joseph Davey.

Using a calendar from time to time may just help me fill up my to-do list. I think I'm going to need a larger tablet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment