©2009-2016 Becky Higgins

Monday, December 14, 2009

Narrowing Down the Start

After much consideration, I've decided to begin the family story with the immigrant couple - Charles Ruch and Salome Siegler. They were both born in Alsace-Lorraine in the 1850s and came to America together, not yet married, in 1873.

I'll begin with the voyage over and the possible reasons for leaving their homeland to start out anew in a distant land. I've done some research of the Alsace area during their time there but will now need to get serious about it.

So my goal for now is to learn all I can about their homeland, Bouxwiller, Alsace, France/Germany between 1850 and 1873. Any suggestions are always welcome. I feel this information will be of great importance to the writing of their trip to America.

So to research I go. I'll prepare a research report to post as I go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment