©2009-2016 Becky Higgins

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Leisure Genealogy

Today is the day my new project begins. This year my resolution is to write and publish the story of my Leisure line. To that end, I'll be blogging about my genealogical adventures as I plod along.

As with my Ruch project, I'll first deal with what generation to start with and how far to go into the collateral lines. This decision will be a bit more difficult with the Leisures as they have been in the US since the 1700s. I'll explain my dilemma in a later post. I really don't feel the need to write a tome but I can already see the pages growing.

At the Leisure Reunion last year, I agreed to set up a blog to keep in touch, record family history, and perhaps gather new relatives along the way. Sometime this week I will be launching that blog. It's nearly ready but I have a few items to take care of first. Once it's up and running, I"ll provide the address so you can check it out.

For that blog, I'll, hopefully, have lots of Leisure authors to help with the posts. Our Indiana Leisure's had large families so there should be plenty to write about.

That's it for now as I need to put my thinking cap on and dig in!

No comments:

Post a Comment